Job Title: Junior Fabricator
Reporting To: Lead Hand - Fabrication
Location: 12185 86th Avenue, Surrey BC, V3W 3H8
Hours: 6:45 AM to 3:15 PM
At Merit Kitchens, the Junior Fabricator will itemize and collect all required parts for an order, and transport fabricated components to subsequent departments. The Junior Fabricator will also be trained on a variety machines and learn to assemble and sand dovetails, skin parts, and hanging rails to meet the Merit standard.
- Read and interpret blueprints to locate all parts for an order to be completed and organize them by manufacturing date.
- Understand the different species of wood to identify which materials are needed for the order (maple, oak, cherry, etc.).
- Itemize the paperwork to determine how many of each material piece is needed.
- Cut components of each type of wood material needed to fulfill the order.
- Gather materials and prepare the quality of wood in advance of the fabrication of parts.
- Sand, detail, and finish fabricated materials.
- Adjust wooden pieces to be in sequence with the paperwork and transport order pieces to subsequent departments.
- Route skin parts and chop hanging rails.
- Sand dovetail boxes to ensure soft coating and no sharp edges.
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment, and machines.
- Contribute and participate in the effective use of the quality control systems in place.
- Maintain a clean working area free from sawdust and debris between tasks and at the end of the day.
The Junior Fabricator may perform other duties as delegated by Management.
- Understand the safe operation of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of workplace hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Time management, organization, and adaptability skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Decision making abilities, and attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills.
- $16 to $18 per hour based on experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer competitive wages and bonuses along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Extended health care, dental, and vision coverage.
- Short term and long-term disability insurance.
- Competitive vacation package.
- Company matching RRSP.
- Free on-site parking.
- Work-life balance (no weekend work).
We are proud to be an inclusive workplace committed to building a team culture. Merit Kitchens provides opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, persons with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.