At Merit Kitchens, the Junior Shipper will support the Lead Hand of Shipping by loading, unloading and moving products and materials via hand or equipment. The Junior Shipper will also confirm inventory transactions are completed, and assist in taking inventory and weighing/checking material before it is shipped off. This role does require heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds for up to 8 hours a day.
- Load, unload, and move products and materials by hand or equipment.
- Use a forklift and other industrial equipment for unloading and moving products when needed.
- May perform other activities such as assisting in taking inventory and weighing/checking material.
- Pick orders and prepare for shipping, including stacking, wrapping, and crafting products.
- Pick material from the warehouse for outbound orders, and ensure they are high-quality materials being shipped.
- Constant organization and focus on clean up at the start, during, and end of the daily production schedule.
- Perform other handling duties including counting, weighing, and sorting.
- Put away received materials to proper storage locations.
- Confirm inventory transactions are completed.
- Assist other departments if necessary.
The Junior Shipper may perform other duties as delegated by Management.
- An active forklift license is considered an asset.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) certification is considered an asset.
- Able to carry and move equipment up to 50 pounds for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc. throughout the day.
- Ability to work effective independently and with minimal supervision.
- Adaptability, time management, and organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication abilities.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and handing techniques.
$18-$20/hour based on experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer competitive wages and bonuses along with a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, vacation, company RRSP, free on-site parking, work-life balance (no weekend work), and much more.
WHY US: We are proud to be an inclusive workplace committed to building a team culture. Merit Kitchens provides opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, persons with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.