At Merit Kitchens, the Office Administrator will be the first person that a client meets when they enter the Langley Showroom. The Office Administrator will organize events and meetings with suppliers, and process payments. The Office Administrator will also accept, and process packing slips and monitor back-ordered parts and accessories, by being the main point of contact with the Surrey Head Office.
- Greet clients in the Langley Showroom and offer them the first impression of Merit Kitchens.
- Answer the phone, take messages, and forward calls/messages to colleagues.
- Respond to online requests and organize meetings with designers.
- Organize showroom events with interior designers, contractors, and installers.
- Maintain the Team Calendar.
- Process and take retainer, deposit, and final payments.
- Process credit cards and other forms of payment.
- Issue refund invoices to clients and email receipt.
- Email and approve install invoices, delivery invoices, handle invoices, window cleaning invoices, Hamster, countertop companies, and water invoices to accounting.
- Ensure all accessory orders arrive and track their delivery dates.
- Generate Purchase Orders for ordered showroom supplies.
- Communicate to the Manufacturing Facility about back-ordered items and follow up when they will be ready.
- Accept and process packing slips to make sure all orders have arrived from the factory, accessory orders have arrived, and handle orders have arrived.
- Review installers’ completion reports- order or warranty and find out back-ordered items.
- Handle walk-in and online customer project problems.
- Monitor and follow-up with back-ordered accessories with the Manufacturing Facility.
The Team Assistant may perform other duties as delegated by Management.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Post-secondary degree in business or public administration is considered an asset.
- Project management experience is considered an asset.
- Strong technical capabilities (especially with Microsoft Office programs).
- Cabinetry experience is considered an asset.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple requests.
- Excellent customer service skills over the phone and in person.
- Problem-solving, organizational, and detail-oriented abilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and independently with minimal supervision.
We offer competitive wages and bonuses along with a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, vacation, company RRSP, free on-site parking, work-life balance (no weekend work), and much more.
We are proud to be an inclusive workplace committed to building a team culture. Merit Kitchens provides opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, persons with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.